Urban Micro Forest is created in the Miyawaki method.
Pivotal facets of the Miyawaki Method
· The scalability, which applies to areas ranging from 25-50 sq. meters to expansive parks.
· Enthusiasts can even cultivate micro-forests near their residences.
· An essential recommendation involves exclusively using that area's potential natural vegetation (PNV),
spanning various sub-species such as shrubs, subtrees, trees, climbers, and emergent trees.
· The project aims to maximize growth within a short span of time.
· This is made possible through dense planting.
· The plants compete for sunlight and grow faster.
· Significantly, numerous sites exhibit noteworthy results within the initial 2-3 years, achieving in a decade
what nature would take a century to accomplish.
The healing benefits of this method on a planet grappling with swift deforestation are profound.
According to Prof. Miyawaki, we cannot create a natural forest. However, we can create natural forest model in one-fourth
of the time that Mother Earth would typically take.